African hair – whether straight or braided is beautiful in every way! However this kind of hair requires extra pampering to keep them looking beautiful and lustrous. Without it, black hair can become brittle, dry lackluster and even unmanageable at times. Fortunately, there are some shampoos and conditioners that do a pretty well job of not only cleaning this type of hair, but also making them soft and supple.
So, if you have dark skin and are looking for products that can take care of your hair efficiently, check out the following list. Also, make sure to read effective hair-care tips given in the end of this article:
- Best for damaged hair: If you have damaged hair, rely on Natural Soya Protein Shampoo. With natural proteins in it, this antiseptic hair cleanser nourishes the scalp and hair and makes them healthy to the core. Besides giving life to dull and damaged hair, the shampoo also manages to keep hair soft and vibrant. Just give it a try!
- Best for frizzy hair: Frizz happens when the hair cuticles don’t lie flat. The condition can result from humidity or over styling. To get rid of frizzy hair, sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners work effectively. Stick to Keratin Complex shampoo and conditioner or wash your hair with Khadi Natural Woody Sandal & Honey Herbal Shampoo. This sulfate-free shampoo soothes dry and frizzy hair. Along with this, the hair cleanser improves flaky scalp and dandruff.
- Best for thinning hair: Although African hair is thick, there are a few people who face the problem of thinning hair. If you are one of them, go for Khadi Natural Herbal Henna Tulsi Extra Conditioning Shampoo as the hair cleanser contains ingredients that help in making hair strong and thick. This shampoo also prevents graying of hair and hair fall.
- Best for dry hair: Jam-packed with Macadamia and Argan oils, Macadamia’s rejuvenating shampoo is what dry hair needs. This hair cleanser restores the lost moisture and makes hair soft and supple. Being paraben and sulfate free, the cleanser also gives strength to damaged hair and makes them strong.
- Best for curly hair: If you are blessed with natural curls and want to take proper care of them, then go for Abba Pure Curl Enhancing Shampoo with giving a single thought. Composed of sulfate-free and natural ingredients, this shampoo is perfect to de-tangle hair. This hair cleanser works by making curls flexible, versatile and luscious. Thanks to its lemon grass extracts and orange peel oil!
Hair Care Tips:
1) Wash your locks once every 1 to 2 weeks. This is because the more often you wash them, the more you strip them of their moisture and oils. This in turn, makes hair dry and brittle.
2) Use mild shampoos to cleanse your hair. Stick to sulfate-free hair cleansers. Reason – sulfate containing shampoos can result in skin/scalp irritation or inflammation, color fading and dry hair.
3) Use a moisturizing conditioner that has lightweight oils. This type of conditioner will moisturize your locks, without weighing them down.
4) Avoid excessive combing your hair. Also, comb ends of the hair first. Do not use brushes as they can make hair frizzy.
5) Avoid heat styling treatments. If you are using heat devices, make sure to use them at the lowest temperature. Also use a protective spray prior to styling methods.
6) Apply oil to hair twice a week. Also, employ a hot oil treatment twice a month. This is crucial to add moisture and elasticity to hair.