Your gut is the portal to your health. If your gut is in the pink, there’s a great chance that you are in good shape. And because the gut is this important, everyone must be on the lookout for a leaky gut, a condition that may introduce you to a host of health disorders.
Leaky Gut Syndrome is an ailment through which the intestinal wall becomes broken, causing things like microbes, large molecules of undigested food, toxins and more to infiltrate into the bloodstream. Of course it would be best to know how you can treat leaky gut. But first, one must know its syndrome so that you yourself can diagnose one when it happens.
What are the causes of leaky gut?
Foods, toxins, and infections are the primary culprits responsible for the leaky gut syndrome. The number one root of leaky gut is Gluten. Other foods like toxic or dairy foods are to be blamed as well. Also, age and stress also lead to a leaky gut.
Here are some of the signs that will help you diagnose leaky gut syndrome:
- You are experiencing hormonal imbalances such as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)and Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS).
- You experience mood and mind issues such as Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), anxiety and depression.
- Identification of fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue.
- Suffers from digestive problems like diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), bloating, and gas.
- Experiencing periodic allergies or asthma.
- Going through skin problems such as eczema, rosacea, and acne.
- Having food intolerances or food allergies.
- Identification of diseases such as lupus, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, or celiac disease.
- Having candida overgrowth.
Now, how to treat leaky gut naturally?
Discipline is the key. Remove the things that has negatively affected your health such as the intestinal infections, and toxic and inflammatory foods. Replace the bad ingredients to essential ones such as hydrochloric acid, digestive enzymes, and bile acids to promote good digestion and absorption. Rebuild healthy balance good bacteria by restoring beneficial bacteria. Of course it is important and crucial to repair the gut itself by bringing in the essential nutrients. One of the best supplements is L-glutamine, an amino acid that aids to regenerate the gut wall’s lining.
If after following the above recommendations you are still experiencing the symptoms, it would be best to see a Functional Medicine physician.