Many accidents take place across the globe, most of the deaths are caused by the road rage and the victims are usually two-wheeler riders. There are many cases reported in U.S. cities and most of the drivers are teenagers or young people who are severely injured in these accidents. In most of the cases, the compensation of an accident victim is rejected by the court as opposite party wrongfully proves that its victim’s fault. Therefore, Jeffrey Glassman MA states that in such cases it is necessary to take the help of a professional attorney.
Causes and Damages in Motorcycle Accidents
It is seen that the motorcyclists are prone to fatal road accidents as they are not safe as the four-wheeler drivers. Even if the Motorcycle riders are wearing helmets than also the chances of being saved is lesser as they can face road rage at any moment. Jeff Glassman MA tells that in maximum cases, the fault is of the four-wheeler driver and here are some of the most important causes:-
- If the four-wheeler driver is following the motorcyclists very closely, even then the accident can take place.
- A speeding car can also knock down the motorcyclists and injure the person badly.
- The main cause is drunk driving, this causes an accident with the motorcyclists and in most of the cases, it results in the death of a rider.
- The distraction of both the drivers can also cause a severe accident if they are coming from opposite direction or follow the same path.
- Most of the four-wheeler drivers in an attempt to reach their destination fast cut the motorcyclists at an intersection which imbalances them.
These severe cases also result in fatal damage or injuries caused to the rider and the vehicle both and it calls for medical as well as financial aid for the motorcyclists. Some of the damages caused to the riders are-
- Facial injuries
- Bone injuries
- Traumatic injuries related to Brain
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Severe cuts and bruising
In most of the cases, it results in the death of the victim that calls for severe punishment that should be given to the four-wheeler driver. On the other hand, the injuries caused to the motorcyclists may be of permanent nature or can cause disability. Therefore, the victim should receive monetary compensation from the opposite party.
Providing Insurance Cover to Victim
According to Jeff Glassman MA , the compensation is mandatory for the victim of the accidental injury as it will support his/her medical claim, incur any cost of surgery and also help the victim in the rehabilitation process. In most of the cases, the opposite party is responsible for negligent driving so the attorney hired by the victim should make sure to get a considerable amount of monetary compensation for their clients. It will support the victim and his family financially and will help them to come out of this emotional distress.
Lastly, with the help of proper legal aid, the motorcycle accident victims can receive due compensation that will support them financially.