Keeping track of things such as servicing, gas fill-ups, mileage, car loan repayments etc. for your car is very important. A car service log book in this instance helps you to maintain the vehicle in a way that the manufacturers recommend because this organizes all the details in a single location.
Keeping a log book with information regarding each service is important for you and also your service provider; in case you have to change your vehicle service provider, these logs will give them a clear know details about past servicing and maintenance done on your car.
Why Should You Keep a Service Log Book?
- This is a record that maintains the dates of each servicing.
- Your mechanic can fill in details regarding the work done to your vehicle each time it is serviced.
- You will not be easily fooled into getting certain services or any expensive maintenance repeatedly since this information has already been recorded.
For e.g. you may be told to change the tires of your car much sooner than their lifetime. The log book will help you determine when this change needs to be done.
- When selling your car, you can show potential buyers this record to help them determine in the condition of your car. Remember, cars which have been maintained and serviced well will sell for higher rates than those that haven’t.
- Organizing these details in one will ensure that you won’t have to remember everything and will only have to look at this to figure out what you may need to get serviced next time.
- These logs will also let you know how much time is required for a particular service.
- Following the instructions in the log and sending the car in for service will keep it in good condition. Some manufacturers void your warranty if maintenance according to the log book isn’t followed.
It’s pretty easy to understand why you would need a well maintained log book; this alone isn’t enough to keep your records in order. Here are a few tips on HOW to maintain a log book.
- Get well acquainted with the log provided by the manufacturers when you buy the car. This will give you a detailed guide on when to give the car in for servicing and what has to be done within the warranty period.
- Each time you get your vehicle serviced, even if it’s a regular fine tuning or maintenance service, ensure that your mechanic records everything.
- Keep your log book safe and easy to find, the best place would be the glove compartment. Keep this along with copies of other documents your vehicle will require.
- Always stick to the instructions in the book and ensure that all necessary services are done at the right time by frequently looking at it.
Maintaining a record as said keeps you organized when it comes to servicing your car, and a well-kept record is always good for you. Here are a few tips that will help you further.
- You can digitize your log book using software’s and applications that are available online. This is a good practice since you can’t lose this, especially if it is uploaded to a cloud service.
- If changing your mechanic or technician, the recorded details will give them a clear idea about the car’s service and maintenance history. This is also helpful in case you aren’t good at remembering these details.
- Get the technician at the service station to write down all details of repairs done without fail.
Hope you get all info on how to maintain Car Service log book. If you want know more than Visit us a few tips that will help you.