The benefits of installing a solar power system for your home or your office are immense. It provides you with clean energy that is smoke and noise free. The solar power equipment requires less maintenance than the conventional generators and do not require any fuel to run. The field is highly subsidized by the government, and has a bright future ahead.
After choosing to install the solar power system, one is usually has a question. ‘’Should I hire a contractor to install the solar equipment or should I do the work myself’’ There are certain points you should consider before you answer that question.
- You can install your own solar power system, many people have done it and their system works fine.
- The PV cell installation is a complex task, linking it with the main supply of your office or house is another task. The complicated tasks are best left for the trained personals.
Problems can one face while installing the solar power system
As the installation of a solar powered system is a very complex task, which requires expertise and experience, one should always take care of the common aspects related to it.
- If you install the system by yourself the biggest task is connecting to the grid. Contacting the utility provider for this purpose is the best solution out in this kind of problems.
- Some people also face problems in getting insurance for the homes where the solar systems have been installed by the owner who is not trained enough to perform the task. So one should contact the insurance provider incase this is the problem.
- Electricity generation requires certain permits and licenses. This becomes the task of the owner to get those licenses and permits by himself.
- Certain manufacturers have exclusive agreements with contractors. They sell their equipment only to licensed contractors and therefore one may face the problem of purchasing solar power system by himself.
- Understanding how the system works and what exactly is the power requirement of your home or office is another area where one should focus. Contractors are experienced personals who can tell you the accurate dimensions and power requirements of your property, doing this by own becomes a complex task especially when one is not trained in this field.
- The cost aspect of installing a solar system yourself should also be considered. A contractor buys the equipment in bulk and hence saves money. Further reduction in price is possible if you are good at bargaining. However, in case you are buying the equipment yourself, you may not get that cost advantage and may have to shell out more money for the same solar power system.
- Once you purchase the equipment, you would also require some tools for its installation. These tools are expensive and purchasing them yourself can get heavy on your pocket.
- The warranty for the system installed by any untrained person is also affected and may not provide you with the best possible options.
- However, there are some manufacturers that provide a DIY kit, for solar power system installations.
- One should be very careful in carrying out the installation work, and should have good knowledge of electricity before he begins.
There are many advantages of hiring a contractor. The biggest one is that it saves you all the hassle involved in getting the permits, the insurance and then the installation right. Connecting to the grid is altogether a different task which in itself requires trained personals. Orange County solar rebates all their services while maintaining the world class quality. They have expert crew, who are experienced and motivated towards providing a clean and sustainable future.
Thank you so much to share this article with us. I really enjoyed it. Keep sharing.