Poly Vinyl Chloride or PVC is one among the popular synthetic polymers or plastic. It is of two kinds: Flexible and rigid.
Rigid PVC is also called as uPVC- an acronym for Unplasticised Poly Vinyl Chloride. It is utilized popularly in the construction and building industry because it is a low maintenance material. It is available in a range of colors and finishes. It is a good substitute for traditional painted lumber.
uPVC is used for guttering, pipes, doors and windows. When it is used for doors, it is swathed around a central material made of galvanized steel. As such, uPVC is tougher than wood. Order uPVC from reputed PVC door manufacturers.
Here are some of the benefits of uPVC Doors:
- Stronger: A big benefit of uPVC doors is that they are really tough compared to traditional wooden doors, because of the way in which they are made.
- Weather proof: A major problem with traditional doors is that they warp in damp climates. When wood is open to the elements for a long time, it can warp and swell, which poses a major problem when you want to open or close the door. uPVC doors are weather proof, moisture resistant and durable. This means they will not warp like other material exposed to wet conditions. Thus, uPVC doors retain original shape in spite of weather conditions. They usually fit snugly in their frame and are easy to close and open.
- Low maintenance: uPVC doors just like uPVC windows require very less effort to maintain. All that is required is to oil the locking mechanism from time to time. Also, you may do some light cleaning of glazed areas and a periodical wipe of all other areas.
- Durable: uPVC is a highly durable material because of which it is very popular for making doors and windows. Many uPVC manufacturers are confident about the longevity of their products and often offer ten year guarantees after installation.
- Insulation: uPVC doors and windows are reputed for their high levels of insulation against noise pollution. uPVC doors will cut down noise if you are finding it difficult to endure noise on the streets or that made by neighbors. Noise is one of the greatest stress factors and cause for altercations with neighbors. uPVC doors bring down stress levels by insulating your home against noise.
- Lessens energy bills: uPVC doors prevent hot air from escaping the room and cold or damp air from entering the room. One of the best benefits of uPVC doors and windows is their energy saving capacity. By insulating the rooms from the weather, it cuts down energy bills of the home.
By saving energy, uPVC doors tend to be more environment friendly than wooden doors. They are also more cost effective in the long run as they cut energy bills.
- Security: As compared to traditional doors, uPVC doors provide more safety and security. Since they have a core of galvanized steel, they are extremely tough and cannot be forced open like traditional doors. uPVC doors are reputed to be anti-crow bar meaning that they cannot be forced open using crowbars.
These are some of the benefits of uPVC doors.