Nowadays, people are becoming very conscious about their health may be related to their oral dental health or physical health. People like eating junk food which creates problems with their health and mostly with their dental health especially amongst the children as they are more prone to dental related diseases. So, Dr. Mark Hochberg is of the view that it is necessary nowadays for every parent to look forward to best dentist to get advice on dental health.
Achieving Optimal Dental Health
It can be witnessed that small children, teenagers or adults are mostly gets attracted towards good and tasty food which increases the chances of getting down with physical or dental diseases. It can be seen that dental diseases are on a rise nowadays and it is mostly found in children who have attained the age of 17 years.
This has made dentist and parents to work simultaneously to keep a check on the dental health of their children. According to Dr. Mark Hochberg, it is mandatory to keep a check on the food items which children are having in their day-to-day life so that at an early stage, they can be saved from tooth decay. Here are some of the points which clearly states about the dental problems occurring amongst the children:-
- The foremost thing is to keep a check on the food habits of the children which is mandatory as the modern food items include carbohydrates and starches to maximum. It actually poses danger for the dental health of the children as the chances for tooth decay are on the rise.
- It is seen that the sweeteners like hard candies or lollipops which are made of 100% sugar causes acid attack on the tooth enamel as it remains in the mouth for a longer period of time.
- It is even noticed in the adults, teenagers or children that most of them are not habitual of brushing their teeth after meals. It also results in tooth decay and even problems related to teeth are on the rise.
- For a healthy mouth, it is mandatory to look after the food items which are being consumed either by children or adults. It is necessary because the food remains in the mouth for much time while chewing and if it is rich in starch or carbohydrates then it can result in tooth decay or plaque related problems.
Prevention of Teeth-related Diseases
The diseases which are related to teeth results in the tooth decay badly in children or adults because their teeth are more prone to modern food habits. But in the view of Dr. Mark Hochberg, there are numerous ways in which they can be prevented:-
- Brushing of teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Visit the pediatric dentist regularly
- Chew sugar-free gums
- Use fluoride containing mouthwash etc.
So, by following of instructions given by dentist, the oral dental health of children and adults can be maintained.