India and its train journeys are synonymous, be it an all out romantic journey or an adventure tour with your ultimate mates. It is not that the journey cannot be enjoyed with the family, with family it is, even more, fun. Ever heard of all those memorable journeys on some random blogs and posts, where it is all like the scenic landscapes, mesmerizing countryside, train food, etc. Do not worry, the time is now. It is the New Year and you might be getting holidays in a bunch and galore. Why not use this opportunity and go on some train trip in this colorful country and festive environment accompanying each other in great harmony?
Here are some of the train journeys you must take before you start following your monotonous work schedule again. Have a quick look.
- Kalka-Shimla Toy Train: Ever wondered what is real cold? What it is like traveling amidst scenic mountain ranges, deep and steep valleys just beneath the train tracks on which your train is running. Adventurous isn’t it? Just for the sake of some facts, this Kalka-Shimla train is also a UNESCO World heritage sight. Just pack warm clothes and hold your breath tight tunnels, pines, deodars and what? Fun.
- Jewel of Thar Desert: It is winters my dear friend and all you can wish for is some warmth. Although the night in deserts can be very chilly but the guarantee is the ultimate fun. This train journey will take you to the untouched pristine deserts of Rajasthan. It will take you to Jodhpur and Jaiselmer, and undoubtedly, these two cities will mesmerize you.
- Tribal Culture Odisha- This journey from Koraput to Rayagada is an epic journey high on fantasy. Passing through the dark dense forest and beautiful meadows. You will also get to see breathtaking views, which will have galore of waterfalls. This region is known for scenic beauty, an idol for someone looking for a relaxing vacation as there is no hustle and bustle.
- Madgaon to Mumbai- The western front of the country is always a treat to nature lovers. The view that western Ghats has to offer is simply breathtaking. The British style of architecture is clearly visible, but a fact is that the British didn’t construct the railway line, it was constructed by Indian engineers, but irrespective of these facts one thing is sure pure pleasure of traveling.
- Ernakulam-Kollam-Trivandrum- It is said about the God’s own country that even if you visit once, it would be once in a lifetime experience. A rail journey in Kerala is always a pleasure. Begin the journey from Ernakulam and end at Trivandrum. The travel will include all within itself, the famous backwaters of Kerala, pristine and clear lakes, not to forget coconut palms on the corners of water channels. If you are an explorer, just peek into the rural lives and have a glimpse of their way of living and cooking, mind you not much have been written about them and here is your chance.