Just like people rely a lot on their cars from one place to another, they also rely on their car insurance to help them deal with any unexpected car problems. When you place so much of trust on an agreement, you should make it a point to choose the best one that you can afford.
Car insurance is a protection that you are paying in advance. If your car gets damaged in an accident, stolen or needs road-side assistance, the insurance policy is there to help you in your difficult times.
The car insurance depends on
- The type of car you have
- The manufacturer and manufacturing date
- If it’s a brand new car or a second-hand one
- The duration of the insurance and
- Your prior driving record, the insurance premium is decided.
Some of the top services covered by the insurance are:
- Free roadside assist, which can be worth up to INR 500
- You can be eligible for the no-claims bonus even after a claim with certain companies.
- Using the insurance cover, you can opt for any of the cashless garages in certain parts of India.
- Cover is provided for both the driver and co-passengers
- Get your vehicle towed if it breaks down or meets with an accident and you can ask for the survey of the vehicle to be done right at your doorstep rather than having to drag the vehicle all the way to the service centre.
- Vehicles that have been stolen can be easily replaced with the help of the claim from the car insurance.
- Online signing up, payments and claims status facilities are made available with most policies.
- Special Maruti insurance policies for Maruti car owners, owing to the fact that it is one of the largest car selling brands in the country and one of the most reliable ones.
It is very important to read the terms and conditions of the offer documents in details so you know which risks are covered and which are not. You will also know what documents must you compulsorily have to make successful claims, for example a signed claim form, RC book, driving licence, copy of the policy, etc. If you are not clear, one can always take the guidance of a insurance agent for their expert guidance.