If you are in the business of cleaning, you probably have a lot of different machines that you need to keep tabs on. Of course, you want to get the most out of the equipment that you have but you don’t want to push it too far. You’re a professional, after all, and you don’t need to leave behind bad results with your customers because you’re too cheap to buy new carpet cleaning equipment. There are a lot of machines on the market today and they’re not nearly as expensive as you think. Plus, if you’re not sure whether your machine needs replaced, here are some signs to help you decide:
1. A portable machine of carpet cleaning that has been used too much will often have trouble with the vacuum feature, which is how you pull the water out of the floors. Extraction is a critical part of the process and if yours isn’t working like it should, you might want to consider a new machine.
2. Older equipment might crack or break in important areas, such as holding tanks, hoses, or other critical parts. If you’re constantly taping things back on, rigging your machines, and dealing with cracks and pieces falling apart, you might want to retire your machine. Even if it still cleans like new, it’s a hassle to deal with the machine being in pieces. You’re a business owner and people will take you more seriously if you are serious about your equipment.
3. If the cleaning results that you leave behind are less than successful, or less clean than they used to be, check your machine. It might just need a good cleaning or a tune up. However, this is usually a sign that the machine needs to be replaced because it’s just not cleaning as well anymore. Every portable carpet cleaning machine wears out eventually.
-If your customers aren’t satisfied with the results of your work, you might need new equipments for carpet cleaning. There is going to be the occasional heckler that will keep you from getting the review that you deserve, but when you have multiple customers that are dissatisfied with the results, you should really check out new machines. Unless you or your employees aren’t doing the job right, the machine might be too old to work as well as it used to.
4. Although you shouldn’t replace machines just for the fun of it, time does play a factor. Even a portable carpet cleaning machine that seems to work fine might need an update simply because there are newer machines with newer features. The cleaning tools and methods could have changed, and new innovations could be created. Make sure that you have the best possible machine on the market, and if you don’t, go get it.
5. The final sign that you might need to upgrade your carpet cleaning equipment is in your competition. Look to your competitors to see what kind of machines you can find and what they are using in the field. If they have the latest and most innovative machines and they’re getting more business, take a page from their book. Carpet cleaning machines are constantly being updated and improved, and many companies are committed to sticking with the latest models. You don’t have to switch if you don’t want to, but if it’s affecting your profits you might consider it.
Whether you’re new to the cleaning industry or you’ve been around for a long time, it’s helpful to get as much insight as you can so that you can be a success. Before you keep the same old carpet machine for 10 or 15 years just to save money, consider the investment of replacing your carpet cleaning equipment with better products.